You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup Failure

My phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while the backup is going on. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I just got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) and was able to restore it from my iPhone 6s but now my new phone won’t back up to iTunes.

I am a PC user, and I made sure everything was updated.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 4:19 PM

KathJohnson Said:

"Backup Failure: My phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while the backup is going on. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I just got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) and was able to restore it from my iPhone 6s but now my new phone won’t back up to iTunes. I am a PC user, and I made sure everything was updated."

--------

Some Thoughts:

A. Start here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

B. Any Security Software?:

If you have Security Software on your PC, then open it, asking sure that it is not blocking out the device.

C. View Device Manager:

See if this is seen in Device Manager. Go here: Open Device Manager | Microsoft Help

D. Microsoft Agent:

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2021 4:19 PM in response to KathJohnson

KathJohnson Said:

"Backup Failure: My phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while the backup is going on. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I just got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) and was able to restore it from my iPhone 6s but now my new phone won’t back up to iTunes. I am a PC user, and I made sure everything was updated."

--------

Some Thoughts:

A. Start here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC - Apple Support

B. Any Security Software?:

If you have Security Software on your PC, then open it, asking sure that it is not blocking out the device.

C. View Device Manager:

See if this is seen in Device Manager. Go here: Open Device Manager | Microsoft Help

D. Microsoft Agent:

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Backup Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.