You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynotes Master Slide

There is no master slide option/drop down when using keynotes. Is there an issue or version that does not have master slide? I have tried on 3 different apple devices and that option is not available

iMac Pro, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 11:11 AM

Apple recently changed the naming convention used for many years from Master Slide to Slide layouts

To go to slide layout, use one of the following methods:

• View > Edit Slide Layouts
  • keyboard command: Shift Command E
  • click on the View button in the toolbar and select: Edit Slide Layouts

6 replies

Aug 2, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Help_Me_2021

I understand. The slides that appear when you go to View > Edit Slide Layouts are indeed the master slides for each type. Eg. If you select "add slide" when building a presentation you'll see each of those Slide Layouts by type. Modifying the original (edit slide layout) will affect every slide of that type that you have inserted.

You can create a title, text, checklist, change the typeface, size, color, etc. On any of those slides and it will updates all slides of that type.

From my presentation (created from a keynote template). I typed my text in the Title slide:

Then went to View > Edit Slide Layout to see all the slide templates available in the document

I modify the text on the slide layout I'm editing (changing the type color from white to black)

The go to View > Exit Slide Layout and see that my presentation slides have updated. Anywhere the title slide appears in the document, the white text is now black.

Keynotes Master Slide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.