You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove songs from ipod but keep in library

how do I remove songs from ipod but keep in library

iPod shuffle (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 9:42 PM

Hello bobble,

This is the User Guide for an iPod Shuffle 4th Gen. You may want to save the PDF or link for future reference. I will paste the section for removing songs for you.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1550/en_US/iPod_shuffle_2015_user_guide.pdf

"Remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle:

1. Connect iPod shuffl e to your computer.
  2. In iTunes, select iPod shuffle in the list of devices.
  3. In iTunes, click the device button to select iPod shuffle.
  4. Select a song or other item, then press the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard.
  • If you manually remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle, it isn’t deleted from your iTunes library."

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2021 9:42 PM in response to bobble

Hello bobble,

This is the User Guide for an iPod Shuffle 4th Gen. You may want to save the PDF or link for future reference. I will paste the section for removing songs for you.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1550/en_US/iPod_shuffle_2015_user_guide.pdf

"Remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle:

1. Connect iPod shuffl e to your computer.
  2. In iTunes, select iPod shuffle in the list of devices.
  3. In iTunes, click the device button to select iPod shuffle.
  4. Select a song or other item, then press the Delete or Backspace key on your keyboard.
  • If you manually remove a song or other item from iPod shuffle, it isn’t deleted from your iTunes library."

I hope this helps.

remove songs from ipod but keep in library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.