You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Detection of headphones

How can I get my brand new macbook air Bluetooth to detect my sony WH-CH700N headphones? Loaded with the latest updates to Big Sur.

Worked perfectly well on my previous 2013 MacBook air.

MacBook Air 13″, 11.5

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:27 PM

After somewhat of a wait, the Sony Live Chat agent was able to solve my issue.

I had to set the headphones into the Pairing Mode by holding the Power button for 7 seconds and hearing an audible 'Pairing Mode On'.

Then I had to cycle the MacBook Bluetooth off, and then back on. WH-CH700N was the detected by the Mac and paired. Voila! Happy listener now!

Thanks to TheLittles! Well done!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2021 4:27 PM in response to TheLittles

After somewhat of a wait, the Sony Live Chat agent was able to solve my issue.

I had to set the headphones into the Pairing Mode by holding the Power button for 7 seconds and hearing an audible 'Pairing Mode On'.

Then I had to cycle the MacBook Bluetooth off, and then back on. WH-CH700N was the detected by the Mac and paired. Voila! Happy listener now!

Thanks to TheLittles! Well done!

Aug 3, 2021 3:44 PM in response to dubyasea

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: Nope! No bono. So weird because the MacBook air detects my iPhone and a different bluetooth speaker. Makes me think that the Sony headphone bluetooth is wonky, but it is easily detected and paired when linked to my iPhone and old MacBook Air!"

-------

Chat with Sony. Perhaps they have yet to do their part in compatibly for drivers and such. Go Here: Live Agent Chat - Sony

Aug 3, 2021 3:08 PM in response to dubyasea

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: How can I get my brand new macbook air Bluetooth to detect my sony WH-CH700N headphones? Loaded with the latest updates to Big Sur. Worked perfectly well on my previous 2013 MacBook air."

-------

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

See if resetting the Bluetooth Module does the job: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip

See this Link by Sony: Can't Pair the Bluetooth Headphones or Speaker to a Computer - Sony

Aug 3, 2021 4:31 PM in response to dubyasea

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: After somewhat of a wait, the Sony Live Chat agent was able to solve my issue. I had to set the headphones into the Pairing Mode by holding the Power button for 7 seconds and hearing an audible 'Pairing Mode On'. Then I had to cycle the MacBook Bluetooth off, and then back on. WH-CH700N was the detected by the Mac and paired. Voila! Happy listener now! Thanks to TheLittles! Well done!"

-------

You are welcome. And thank you too.

Bluetooth Detection of headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.