You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy Iphone12 Pro Max in US, Can I buy applecare plan online or remotely without taking phone to store and make a payment in $$$?

If I buy Iphone12 Pro Max in US, Can I buy applecare plan online or remotely without taking phone to store and make a payment in $$$?

Assuming that the answer to above question is YES, can I avail the applecare+ plan in India? Does it have international warrantee?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:15 AM

sbthakare wrote:

I have a good arrangement to ship the phone or carry to US myself. I travel once a quarter to US. What's the price for Applecare+ for IPhonePro max for 2 years in US? Is it $200 or $300? Everytime I logon to apple.com, it jumps to India Site only.

Here, In India, it is roughly $360

Problem 1: If you buy the phone in the US you cannot buy AppleCare+ for it in India at any price.

Problem 2: If you want to buy AppleCare+ you must do so when you buy the phone, or, if you want to buy it later it must be activated on a US carrier and working so it can be tested remotely, and you must buy it within 60 days of the original purchase.

Problem 3: If you buy AppleCare+ in the US it will only provide coverage in the US.

Last time I checked it was $150, but I haven’t checked recently.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2021 9:15 AM in response to sbthakare

sbthakare wrote:

I have a good arrangement to ship the phone or carry to US myself. I travel once a quarter to US. What's the price for Applecare+ for IPhonePro max for 2 years in US? Is it $200 or $300? Everytime I logon to apple.com, it jumps to India Site only.

Here, In India, it is roughly $360

Problem 1: If you buy the phone in the US you cannot buy AppleCare+ for it in India at any price.

Problem 2: If you want to buy AppleCare+ you must do so when you buy the phone, or, if you want to buy it later it must be activated on a US carrier and working so it can be tested remotely, and you must buy it within 60 days of the original purchase.

Problem 3: If you buy AppleCare+ in the US it will only provide coverage in the US.

Last time I checked it was $150, but I haven’t checked recently.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.