You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X M1 playback problem (random intervals of silence)

Hello community,

I've been using Logic for many years and have never experienced a problem akin to this. I've just bought a new M1 iMac and installed Logic X (from the app store) - a new set-up intended for mixing an album.

A lot of the plugins I use do not have native M1 support (Sound Toys for instance) so I have to run Logic through Rosetta 2 - I don't know whether this is part of the problem. I've updated the OS to the latest version which as of now is Big Sur 11.5.1.

The problem is this: projects which run absolutely fine on my Intel 2018 Macbook play back in my M1 Logic set-up with desultory pockets of silence. The playhead continues to move but sound will just cut out for a second or so at sporadic intervals along the track timeline. It's absolutely nothing to do with the audio and depending on when I start the playback, the silence will occur in totally different sections. I also rule out the possibility of it being a CPU issue since the iMac should way out-perform my old Intel Macbook which plays the projects with no problem.

If anyone knows what's going on here and could be of assistance in resolving the issue I would be very much obliged!

Many thanks!

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 12:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:30 PM

Are all of the third party plugins validated? Plugins running in Demo mode often use periods of silence in Demo mode. What plugins do you have on the Master bus?

Similar questions

2 replies

Logic Pro X M1 playback problem (random intervals of silence)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.