You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use Font Collections in my documents?

Font Book question: I only want English fonts to appear in my Pages documents as a default. I disabled all non-system-required, non-English fonts in Font Book. I have the English fonts in a Smart Collection. But how do I get it into use? In Pages, all non-disabled fonts still show up.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 9:59 AM

Pages was not designed to understand specific font or smart collections. It works off the existing System and user font databases. You could try booting into Safe Boot mode (which will rebuild the font database), and then reboot normally to see if that changes what Pages displays in its Font menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2021 9:59 AM in response to kabrams

Pages was not designed to understand specific font or smart collections. It works off the existing System and user font databases. You could try booting into Safe Boot mode (which will rebuild the font database), and then reboot normally to see if that changes what Pages displays in its Font menu.

Aug 5, 2021 10:06 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you very much, Viking! It looks like the drop-down menu in Pages is not actually the one intended for users to, er, use -- one would have to have Font Book open all the time. Very silly and I wasted a lot of time trying to "fix" my fonts in Pages. Perhaps there is a use for more Adobe users, but it doesn't seem too sensible to me. At least now I can give up trying to "troubleshoot" the problem!

How do I use Font Collections in my documents?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.