You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garageband 4 update

I have an iMac 2012 Late 21". I have Garageband version 10.3.5.

How do I get ANY updates for this wonderful piece of software

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 10:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 12:21 AM

You are already running the latest version of GarageBand compatible with your system version. If your Mac cannot be upgraded to Big Sur, you can no longer update GarageBand. The more recent versions, GarageBand 10.4.x require macOS 11 Big Sur or later. You would have to upgrade your Mac to a newer model, if it is not on this list: macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers - Apple Support. The update from GarageBand 10.3 to 10.4 did not change much essential functionality. It would not be worth it to abandon a wonderful older Mac, that is still running well, just to be able to install an incremental GarageBand update.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 12:21 AM in response to Rainbow Johnson

You are already running the latest version of GarageBand compatible with your system version. If your Mac cannot be upgraded to Big Sur, you can no longer update GarageBand. The more recent versions, GarageBand 10.4.x require macOS 11 Big Sur or later. You would have to upgrade your Mac to a newer model, if it is not on this list: macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers - Apple Support. The update from GarageBand 10.3 to 10.4 did not change much essential functionality. It would not be worth it to abandon a wonderful older Mac, that is still running well, just to be able to install an incremental GarageBand update.

garageband 4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.