You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB electric drum making no sound in garageband

USB electric drums not producing any sound. the computer recognises them (I've downloaded a MIDI monitor which confirms its recieveing the signal) just no sound is coming out. in fact when I turn on the module a little light pops up momentarily in garageband (near where it tells you time/ key signature) so even garageband must recognise its there. I use the same usb cable with my keyboard and that works fine. it's been working fine since I've got it, last few days it has stopped completely. No sound whatsoever. Pls help it's driving me insane.

The drum kit is a Alesis DM Lite. I connect it to my computer with a simple USB cable. As I said it's been working fine since I've got it so I'm guessing I must have clicked on or changed something in garageband itself so it produces no sound

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 4:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 5:45 AM

Garageband has no midi out. You need Garageband's smarter brother, Logic.

Similar questions

3 replies

USB electric drum making no sound in garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.