You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I deleted a child from my Apple ID Family sharing. We then created a new Apple ID for her so she could be under her fathers Apple ID. She is under the age of 13. It said her account would be deleted. It has not been removed from my “family”

Hello, I deleted a child from my Apple ID Family sharing. We then created a new Apple ID for her so she could be under her fathers Apple ID. She is under the age of 13. It said her account would be deleted. It has not been removed from my “family” which of course doesn’t allow me to disable my personal family sharing in order to join her fathers Family Sharing group as well. We have been working on this since this morning. Even went to Apple were there was a 2.5 hour wait. The last lady I talked to was very helpful but it doesn’t seem to have done anything. Thank you

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 5:59 PM

4 replies

Aug 7, 2021 6:14 PM in response to Gabriellesch

Hello Gabriellesch,

Since she us under 13 she would not be able to create an Apple ID on her own.

"About settings and features for kids under 13

Some Apple ID settings and features work differently for children under 13. For example, a child under 13 can't create an Apple ID without permission and consent from a parent or guardian. The minimum age for account creation may vary across countries as follows: Under 14 in Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Italy, Lithuania, and Spain. Under 15 in Czech Republic, France, and Greece. Under 16 in Brazil, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Under 13 in all other countries."

You also cannot delete her profile while she is under 13 but you can transfer her profile to a Family Group that her father is the organizer of. This Apple Support article has the steps to complete that.

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Aug 26, 2021 5:48 PM in response to Daddy-Dog

You can't. From the article below.

• Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Hello, I deleted a child from my Apple ID Family sharing. We then created a new Apple ID for her so she could be under her fathers Apple ID. She is under the age of 13. It said her account would be deleted. It has not been removed from my “family”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.