You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download apps in my iPhone due to old version

I have reset my iphone 6 after that the latest version which is reflecting is 12.5.4 and I am trying to download apps which are in my app store are not getting download due to old version

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 4:10 AM

Pssagar ~ iPhone 6 cannot be updated beyond iOS 12:

iOS 13 and iPadOS are compatible with these devices

iOS 14 and iPadOS are compatible with these devices

õ¿õ¬

5 replies

Aug 9, 2021 4:00 AM in response to Pssagar1

You can get older version of apps by downloading them on a device that has an ios that can run the latest version of that app and then on your iphone 6 press the apple id profile icon (top right) in the app store and press purchased and then search the app, once the app you want is found press the download from cloud symbol (just the cloud icon) and it should have a pop up saying download latest compatible version

Aug 27, 2021 6:38 PM in response to LukeArmour

I've asked the question of where could i download an older version of iHeartradio app (the one used when iOS 12.*)

there was a lot of data telling me the app requires iOS 13 or above. I think an answer is still required

If I had a device that could run the latest version of the iHeartradio app, why would i be using a device that wasn't capable of running that app?

And showing me lists of devices that are compatible with iOS 13 and 14 is really off base when I've already stated I'm running 12.5.* (it's an iPhone 6).

[Edited by Moderator] 

I can't download apps in my iPhone due to old version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.