You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dont have desktop and folders option on my icloud options

i want to backup files from my mac on icloud but i don't have the desktop and folders option available?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 6:18 PM

Hey Juanito_sf!

Are you saying that “Options” is not showing up in System Preferences > Apple ID, next to iCloud Drive?

If so, and it hasn’t appeared over time, I might:

Sign out of the Apple ID in Preferences.

Restart your Mac.

Sign in again, just be sure to un-check both options for Find My and the others just before continuing, so that nothing is enabled.

Then, I’d check iCloud Drive > Options > Desktop and Documents.

If it still doesn’t show, I have another workaround or two, as others may, cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2021 6:18 PM in response to juanito_sf

Hey Juanito_sf!

Are you saying that “Options” is not showing up in System Preferences > Apple ID, next to iCloud Drive?

If so, and it hasn’t appeared over time, I might:

Sign out of the Apple ID in Preferences.

Restart your Mac.

Sign in again, just be sure to un-check both options for Find My and the others just before continuing, so that nothing is enabled.

Then, I’d check iCloud Drive > Options > Desktop and Documents.

If it still doesn’t show, I have another workaround or two, as others may, cheers.

I dont have desktop and folders option on my icloud options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.