You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut to start workout on apple watch6

So I like boxing. And like to record the boxing workout on my watch- it's an awesome cardio workout. However, while boxing we have to wear wraps and they go over the watch covering it up. Sooo, I was wondering if I can create a shortcuts shortcut on my phone that could launch the boxing working on my apple watch.

Any ideas on how to do that folks?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 6:09 PM

You can create a shortcut to do this using the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. In the shortcuts app, tap the + in the top right, then tap "Add Action." From this dialog, search for "Start Workout" then select the workout type you'd like your shortcut to run.

Create a custom shortcut - Apple Support

Then tap the ... button to access the details of your shortcut, and tap Add to Home Screen to make this shortcut an icon on your home screen.

Run shortcuts from the Home Screen - Apple Support

You can also use this details screen to add the shortcut to your Apple Watch if you'd like to run it from there. Additionally, you can ask Siri on your Apple Watch to start a workout without creating this shortcut.

Use shortcuts on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Use Siri on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2021 6:09 PM in response to reyusuf81

You can create a shortcut to do this using the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. In the shortcuts app, tap the + in the top right, then tap "Add Action." From this dialog, search for "Start Workout" then select the workout type you'd like your shortcut to run.

Create a custom shortcut - Apple Support

Then tap the ... button to access the details of your shortcut, and tap Add to Home Screen to make this shortcut an icon on your home screen.

Run shortcuts from the Home Screen - Apple Support

You can also use this details screen to add the shortcut to your Apple Watch if you'd like to run it from there. Additionally, you can ask Siri on your Apple Watch to start a workout without creating this shortcut.

Use shortcuts on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Use Siri on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Shortcut to start workout on apple watch6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.