You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to play downloaded songs on Apple Music offline

I would like to start by mentioning that I have never experienced this problem until the update came that introduced lossless and dolby atmos audio options to the Apple Music. Afterwards, I redownloaded the songs to have them play dolby or lossless online and offline, and my songs would play for 10-15 seconds and then stop playing. It only continues to play when I turn my LTE on, so no offline playing.

I saw a suggestion under a similar question to change all options (download, stream, offline etc) to the same setting, and after choosing high frequency lossless on all 3 options and redownloading the songs, the same problem persists. Songs play for a couple seconds and then stop until I turn on internet.

I am seriously considering switching to Spotify if this issue is not fixed, which is a pity cause I did enjoy listening on Apple Music..

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 2:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 2:55 AM

Have you updated to iOS 14.7.1? It fixes.

1 reply

Unable to play downloaded songs on Apple Music offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.