You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

Hey! If I want to buy an Apple TV from the US and want to use it in Israel do I need a convert or or adapter?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 10:09 AM

Gilad- wrote:

So it won’t fry the device if I only use adapter?

Nope. Apple devices are universal. They support voltages ranging from 100v to 240v. You just need the physical plug adapter.

What do you mean? the content won’t adjust to my region?

No, the opposite, it will precisely adjust to your region. You won't get U.S content in Israel just because you bought the device in the U.S. You will get content that its available in Israel. Things like Netflix, Amazon Prime etc... will show content available in Israel only, not what is available in the U.S.

Same with the iTunes Store. It will show what is available in Israel if using an Israel based Apple ID. Apps will be limited to what is made available in Israel.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2021 10:09 AM in response to Gilad-

Gilad- wrote:

So it won’t fry the device if I only use adapter?

Nope. Apple devices are universal. They support voltages ranging from 100v to 240v. You just need the physical plug adapter.

What do you mean? the content won’t adjust to my region?

No, the opposite, it will precisely adjust to your region. You won't get U.S content in Israel just because you bought the device in the U.S. You will get content that its available in Israel. Things like Netflix, Amazon Prime etc... will show content available in Israel only, not what is available in the U.S.

Same with the iTunes Store. It will show what is available in Israel if using an Israel based Apple ID. Apps will be limited to what is made available in Israel.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.