You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios14.7.1 issues

Are there issues out there with the new 14. 7. 1 before I download? I have had problems with downloads before. So are there problems?

iPhone 11, 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 4:08 PM

7 replies

Sep 8, 2021 5:00 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Lobster Last time was the 14.4.2 I believe, and it dropped or lost the majority of any new contacts from the last year. Aside from freaking out, trying to get tech support in America because it seems most tech support is offshore in Panama, Philippines or India. (I know this because I always ask the tech where they are located) It took 6 days to get a fix and that was after finally getting a Senior tech in the US. NOT EASY! So don't be saying that doesn't happen. It does!!!!!

Interestingly I just googled "What countries does Apple outsource tech support? And guess what ? Google ain't telling.

[Edited by Moderator]

Aug 12, 2021 5:41 PM in response to scooter8844

LOL Dude. I too have owned every iPhone since iPhone 3G.

I have installed every iOS version on every phone I've ever owned.

I too have never had an issue.

No lost contacts. No ISSUES.

Did you not read my post fully? The opening sentence, there are people who have had issues. The vast majority have had none.

Unless you somehow know the millions upon millions upon millions upon millions of people who have owned all those phones, you can't speak for them. And most people have no issues whatsoever.

Sep 8, 2021 4:54 AM in response to scooter8844

Yes, I was within those people who suffered from the update to 14.1.7 a lot. And I resolved that issue only 2 days ago, after 3 weeks of attempts and using all possible tricks and advises that I was able to google.  In my case, it was iOS14.7.1 on iPhone SE 2020. All programs which required internet stopped to work and could not use cellular data. They worked only on wifi.

The reason was that 14.1.7. corrupted my VPN profile. Two different cellular providers (yes, I've changed a provider in attempts to resolve an issue) were unable to help. But when I wrote my detailed solution here in the forum, I've got an email from apple community saying "thank you for your input, but we deleted your reply". So yes, you may get your VPN corrupted, and some of your applications may be unable to use cellular data after update, and full factory reset will not work to resolve it. For some users it was even worse: they had no cellular data for anything (just google "no cellular data after iOS14.7.1 update").

Sep 8, 2021 6:29 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I did not created VPN and I even had no idea that I had (or did not have) it until an update to iOS14.7.1. happened and my applications stopped to work on cellular data. I have iPhones since 2010 and never had any issues like that before after any iOS updates. That magic world of time-consuming, endless and hopeless troubleshooting when I've heard "configuration profile" phrase, just started for me after that update.

ios14.7.1 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.