You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spell check not working in web-based version of Outlook

Whilst the spell check is still working in the subject line, it is is no longer working in the main body of my emails. The appropriate fields are checked in the Keyboard settings, I've even changed the language from Automatic to British English as some forums have suggested. Check spelling while typing and Check spelling automatically are both also ticked when I click on Edit in Safari. I'm not experiencing the same issue in Chrome.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 3:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:21 PM

I was having this same issue on my M1 Macbook Air; turning off Microsoft's spell check and leaving Safari's on fixed the issue for me.

In Outlook for the Web, Click the gear in the upper right corner and choose "View All Outlook Settings"

Go to the "Mail" tab, then "Compose and reply"

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Microsoft Editor settings"

I turned off "Spelling" and "Grammar" but left "Text predictions" on.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Rebecca_E

I was having this same issue on my M1 Macbook Air; turning off Microsoft's spell check and leaving Safari's on fixed the issue for me.

In Outlook for the Web, Click the gear in the upper right corner and choose "View All Outlook Settings"

Go to the "Mail" tab, then "Compose and reply"

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Microsoft Editor settings"

I turned off "Spelling" and "Grammar" but left "Text predictions" on.

Aug 24, 2021 11:51 PM in response to jns8768

Thank you for taking the time to help on this, and for such detailed instructions. That is definitely a workaround but it unfortunately creates another issue in that sometimes the predictive text is a little too big for its boots, and it changes to something that isn't accurate.

For that reason, I think I'll carry on using Chrome.

Sorry for the late response btw (I've been away).

Spell check not working in web-based version of Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.