You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Big Sur vs the new Google Drive app for Mac

There's a crucial bug issue with the new Google Drive app for Mac. It cannot be used for multiple user accounts on the same machine. If I sign in, the other account will be disconnected and can't sign in, vice versa. I'm using OSX Big Sur (v11.5.1) on iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) with Google Drive app (v49.0.11.0).

I have tried to clean the cache in Drive FS folder (~/Library/Application Support/Google/DriveFS/) and have restarted multiple times as well as uninstalled and reinstall, no changes. Also Google won't allow users to download and install the old Backup & Sync app for Mac (before get replaced by Google Drive app).

I wanted to know if there are other users experiencing the same issue?

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 4:44 PM

This might help you use Google Drive with multiple mac accounts (not multiple Google accounts).

https://support.google.com/a/thread/118593009/drive-for-windows-unable-to-sign-in-to-multiple-accounts-can-t-load-account?hl=en

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 28, 2021 8:16 PM in response to bett3r

I need similar help too. I installed new google drive app on our new family imac. We share the same apple ID but my wife and I each login to the imac as different users.

First I logged in my wife's user account and installed new google drive app. It seems to work fine. Next, I switched to my user account then installed google drive. It seemed to work ok but when i click google drive icon it said. it could not load something and i need to disconnect. I also repeated these process several times in vain.

OSX Big Sur vs the new Google Drive app for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.