You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps Location City

Apple Maps shows my car’s location by designating a blue dot, and the map background continuously updates the streets, landmarks and businesses as I’m driving. However, nowhere do I see displayed the name of the city I’m currently driving in.

As I often drive in unfamiliar areas for work, I need to see the name of the city I’m in, and I need it to constantly update as I’m driving. Very simple and basic. How do I set it to display that information? I’m running iOS 14.7.1 on an iPhone Pro Max. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 8:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 9:43 PM

While navigating you want the name of the city to be flashed based on your current location? Is that right?

If you find something is missing on iOS devices, you may provide --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple < here.

2 replies

Apple Maps Location City

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.