You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable explicit content on Apple Music

I want to disable Apple Music from playing any explicit content on my iphone, but I cannot find these settings anywhere on my iPhone which is running the latest iOS.

I found only directions on Apple Support for blocking explicit content on ANDROID devices or on a PC, but the screenshots of those setting menus are not showing those options found on the latest iPhone iOS.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 3:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 5:37 PM

See the 'Set Content & Privacy Restrictions' and 'Prevent explicit content and content ratings' section in:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Note: Be sure to remember your Screen Time passcode.

2 replies

Aug 21, 2021 10:00 AM in response to javaliga

Thank you. This answers my question, but the setting has no impact and Apple Music is still paying explicit content on my phone. Spotify did a better job of filtering out explicit content and that’s KEY for me as a middle school teacher who likes to play background music in the classroom occasionally.

For those annoyed by answers with links to pages of reading, here is a more direct answer to to navigate to change your own phone settings:

1. Settings
  2. Screen Time
  3. Content & Privacy Restrictions
  • Turn on Content Privacy Restrictions toggle switch

4. Content Restrictions

5. Music, Podcasts, News, & Workouts

• switch to “Clean” check mark

How to disable explicit content on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.