You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share with Apple TV

I was sent an invite to join family share on Apple Tv but I have an Android TV is this going to allow me to access the Apple TV family share option?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 3:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Some Android TV TV sets can have the Apple TV app installed. Then you can access the shared Apple TV app Channel subscription(s) through that app. (And, if activated* for your group, they may also share purchases, i.e. bought iTunes Store movies.) Of course, you may also access the shared services on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac (if they meet the software requirements).

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

• TCL (Android TV 8+)
  • Philips (Android TV 8+)
  • HiSense (Android TV 8+)
  • Panasonic (Android TV 8+)
  • Nvidia Shield TV (Android TV 8+)
  • Sony (some models as listed)

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

*How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2021 4:27 PM in response to chrismiller1969

Some Android TV TV sets can have the Apple TV app installed. Then you can access the shared Apple TV app Channel subscription(s) through that app. (And, if activated* for your group, they may also share purchases, i.e. bought iTunes Store movies.) Of course, you may also access the shared services on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac (if they meet the software requirements).

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

• TCL (Android TV 8+)
  • Philips (Android TV 8+)
  • HiSense (Android TV 8+)
  • Panasonic (Android TV 8+)
  • Nvidia Shield TV (Android TV 8+)
  • Sony (some models as listed)

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

*How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

Family share with Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.