You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sort emails automatically into my specific folders when they are received

I want to have my mail sorted into each mailbox without moving each one individually or selecting a group and moving them. Is there a way to set up so new mail is sorted into each box ?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 4:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:28 AM

If you are using something like Outlook.com or Gmail then you can go onto a laptop, sign in, then set up a rule to look for keywords and move them directly to a folder.

Cant set that up on an iphone itself.

However they may not notify you of new mail unless you can set that up some other way like identifying the folders as favorite folders.

eg I have an Outlook.com rule for all mails with Apple in the title to go to a folder and not having lockscreen notifications is a blessing!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2021 5:28 AM in response to Jbigbags

If you are using something like Outlook.com or Gmail then you can go onto a laptop, sign in, then set up a rule to look for keywords and move them directly to a folder.

Cant set that up on an iphone itself.

However they may not notify you of new mail unless you can set that up some other way like identifying the folders as favorite folders.

eg I have an Outlook.com rule for all mails with Apple in the title to go to a folder and not having lockscreen notifications is a blessing!

Can I sort emails automatically into my specific folders when they are received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.