You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID e-mail won't change on iPhone

I wanted to change my Apple ID e-mail address. This change was successfully done and all my apple devices made this change except my iPhone. On my iPhone I still have the wrong Apple ID e-mail address. I want to change this, but every time it asks for the password of the old e-mail address and never accepts it, since this old e-mail address does not belong to an Apple ID anymore. After a lot of trying to create new codes it still doesn't work. The only solution was to reset my iPhone to factory settings. This is not possible because I have to log in to my old Apple ID of which he never accepts the code. In addition, I have already tried to only reset the settings, but this also did not help because it keeps asking to log in again in the non-existent wrong Apple ID.

What should I do?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 10:02 AM

If necessary, if you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2021 10:02 AM in response to gerben81

If necessary, if you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple ID e-mail won't change on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.