You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps downloaded to iPhone 6 greyed out

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 11. When I try to download the eBay app from the App Store, the circle showing the state of the download goes round to 3 quarter complete and then stops and goes back to the initial state. The app is on the Home Screen but greyed out and cannot be opened. I have tried all the obvious things, delete app from screen and iPhone storage, reboot phone but it always does the same behaviour. Any ideas as to why this is.?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 11:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 12:59 AM

Sounds like eBay app needs a later iOS

You should be on iOS12.5.x now anyway. Update the phone and if eBay still will not load you may need a newer phone, as with many apps these days.

Update phone

Click on this link

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Phone will not update

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2021 12:59 AM in response to rogerknott

Sounds like eBay app needs a later iOS

You should be on iOS12.5.x now anyway. Update the phone and if eBay still will not load you may need a newer phone, as with many apps these days.

Update phone

Click on this link

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Phone will not update

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

apps downloaded to iPhone 6 greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.