You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web browsers freezing in MacBook Air

I have a newer MacBook Air with Apple chip. The sign-in feature froze, forcing me to reload Big Sur. Now both Safari and Chrome are freezing (the dreaded ball). Safari worked for a little while after the OS reboot, but now freezes the moment I open it, forcing me to quit. I’ve cleared history and emptied caches. Has anyone encountered this and what can I do? Thanks!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 2:20 PM

8 replies

Aug 21, 2021 11:54 AM in response to Lulajenn

Hello Lulajenn,

We would like to see how we can help you with your web browsers. As this issue is happening with more than one browser, it appears the issue may be related to your Wi-Fi connection. If you connect to a different network, does the issue persist? Check out the steps in this link and get back to us with your results: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn't working as expected

Cheers!

Aug 21, 2021 5:03 PM in response to Lulajenn

Does the same issue present while booting in Safe Mode ??

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.
  4. Select a startup disk.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

Aug 22, 2021 1:29 PM in response to Lulajenn

By what method was the reload of Big Sur done on the MBA M1. It is an important question as there might have been a duplicate of Volumes created on the Internal Drive. In so doing, the available Empty Space on the drive has been compromised.

Open Disk Utilities and type " diskutil list " without the quotation marks. The printout of the results - either a screen shot or copy and paste the results.

Web browsers freezing in MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.