You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is a login server?

Clean My Mac, Launch Agent found an enabled app called Login Server. Should I remove it, disable it or ignore it? What use is it? Is it problematic for outside access to my stuff? TIA

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:50 AM

Welcome

Do appreciate the advise given on these ASC Forums. We are only fellow users volunteering our time and experience to assist others with technical issues.

There is nothing personal here. Advise offered is done in good faith.

11 replies

Aug 22, 2021 7:49 AM in response to LenInSebastopol

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation.

And the CMM application falls into this category plus is documented on these ASC Forums to be very damaging to the OS.

what is a login server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.