You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Manager

I am looking for a password manager that I can use on iPad, Mac, and PC. Must work on all. I had LastPass for a very long time but they decided that if you use it on desktops you can not use it on mobile unless you pay. I am too darn old to being remembering alot of passwords now.

Thank you

Verna

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 1:25 PM

Hello Verna,

I was going to recommend 1Password however all of those password managers are now getting bold and requesting a monthly or annual subscription charge and it is not cheap. Yes, that angers me as well.

I have now begun to use Apple's built-in Keychain to save and manage passwords. Safari also does a great job in remembering passwords. An honest opinion is that just about any major browser does a good job in managing passwords and security these days.

I am not sure whether I have provided a solution, above, or whether I have just muddied up the waters even more. Ha!

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2021 1:25 PM in response to verna2197

Hello Verna,

I was going to recommend 1Password however all of those password managers are now getting bold and requesting a monthly or annual subscription charge and it is not cheap. Yes, that angers me as well.

I have now begun to use Apple's built-in Keychain to save and manage passwords. Safari also does a great job in remembering passwords. An honest opinion is that just about any major browser does a good job in managing passwords and security these days.

I am not sure whether I have provided a solution, above, or whether I have just muddied up the waters even more. Ha!

Axel F.

Password Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.