You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod disconnects

My left earpod always starts connected for a minute or so and then always they both disconnect and then when they reconnect only the right earpod works.

i have tried everything i can think of

disconnect reconnect

clean

turn off automatic ear detection

and it always happens

and the left earpod will disconnect after a short while leaving me listening only to one earpod.

i have checked charging both fully charging then disconnect and reconnect again and it still doesnt work?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 6:26 PM

3 replies

Aug 24, 2021 12:44 PM in response to Kriegos

Hello Kriegos,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with your AirPods disconnecting and your left AirPod not working. We want to help out.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. When your AirPods disconnect, do any error messages ever appear? If so, what does the error say?
  2. Did you have a chance to complete all of the steps outlined in the article you came from? If so, did that help improve the issue temporarily?
  3. Which device do you use your AirPods with? If you use them with another device, does the same issue occur?
  4. What exactly occurs with the left AirPod after they reconnect? Are you unable to hear any sound from that side, or something else?

If you're experiencing issues with your AirPods not connecting as expected, the information here may help: If your AirPods won't connect

Thank you!

Aug 24, 2021 10:05 PM in response to Brittany1416

Thanks Brittany,

no error messages appear at all.

yea I completed all the steps and it doesn’t change anything, if h out them back in case and take them out again then they work but then disconnect again shortly after that.

I use them with my iPhone 11, but the same thing happens if I use an iPad or my computer(not mac)

what occurs is it reconnects and the left ear of is completely dead but I can hear through the right side still.

regards

sam

Left AirPod disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.