You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I download Netflix movies on my iPad mini 4 but I can on my other devices?

Very annoyed. Every time I try to download movies on my iPad Mini, it says that there are too many downloads on my devices when in fact there are no downloads on any other devices within the people using my account. It works on my iPhone XR, why doesn't work on my iPad mini? Did apple update something behind iPad mini owner's backs so we can't download movies through streaming services to get us to switch to the newer models or is this an issue on Netflix's end? Anyone else having a similar issue with Netflix on their older devices?

iPad mini, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 1:43 PM

The issue is with the age of your device and Netflix's app requirement that works (all functions) on iOS 11 and later. Your profile states that your iPad Mini has iOS 10 installed. That is the issue. You, therefore, cannot update the Netflix app and will have limited functionality. For more research and confirmation of my response, you may contact ➔ Netflix Help & Support.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2021 1:43 PM in response to marisaz28

The issue is with the age of your device and Netflix's app requirement that works (all functions) on iOS 11 and later. Your profile states that your iPad Mini has iOS 10 installed. That is the issue. You, therefore, cannot update the Netflix app and will have limited functionality. For more research and confirmation of my response, you may contact ➔ Netflix Help & Support.

Axel F.

Why can't I download Netflix movies on my iPad mini 4 but I can on my other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.