You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unread Messages Count is Wrong

On my MacBook Air, in the Mac Mail program, the number of unread messages shown is almost wrong--but just for *one* particular email account. For example, the mail directory will say I have 18 unread measures in that account, so I will either read or delete them all, but it still shows that I have 18 unread emails. It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. Is there a way to correct this?

Mark

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 2:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 3:01 PM

I get that all the time but now I'm up to 30. You can try selected all of the mailboxes for that account and use the Mailbox ➙ Rebuild menu option to see if that will correct. it. I've been fighting this for quite some time and have just learned to live it it. Nearly lost all of my emails trying to restore them from Tine Machine a while back.

You can tell Apple about it via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  Don't expect an answer but at least they'll know others are having the same problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2021 3:01 PM in response to mccarlson

I get that all the time but now I'm up to 30. You can try selected all of the mailboxes for that account and use the Mailbox ➙ Rebuild menu option to see if that will correct. it. I've been fighting this for quite some time and have just learned to live it it. Nearly lost all of my emails trying to restore them from Tine Machine a while back.

You can tell Apple about it via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  Don't expect an answer but at least they'll know others are having the same problem.

Unread Messages Count is Wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.