You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son is not receiving my calls or texts

My son had his own Apple ID.

He is part of our family sharing.

he is not receiving my IMessages- he received a new iPhone and has a phone number now. So turned I messaged off and tried to regular text him. He still cannot receive my messages. He can send and receive messages with others… both iMessages and Text messages.

Only me. only my calls and texts are not working. I have been sitting next to him trying everything I can think of. I need help.

how can I fix this. He can text me… I get it… when iMessages be are turned off… when iMessages are turned on. I don’t get it. But he does not get my messages at all and when I try to call him he doesn’t get it and it goes straight to VM.

bizarre.

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 12:24 PM

Hey there jenniferfromlyndon,

We would be happy to assist you with your son's iPhone.

Have you checked to see if your contact is blocked on his iPhone? You can check by following the steps under the 'Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails' section of Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your contact is not blocked, follow the steps here in If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

If those steps do not work, follow the steps in If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your son is still unable to receive phone calls and messages from you, Get Support here.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2021 12:24 PM in response to jenniferfromlyndon

Hey there jenniferfromlyndon,

We would be happy to assist you with your son's iPhone.

Have you checked to see if your contact is blocked on his iPhone? You can check by following the steps under the 'Manage your blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails' section of Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your contact is not blocked, follow the steps here in If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

If those steps do not work, follow the steps in If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your son is still unable to receive phone calls and messages from you, Get Support here.

Take care!

My son is not receiving my calls or texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.