You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Sharing 'Space' Big Sur

I have two desktop Spaces setup on my 13"MBP running 11.5.1, and have a Screen Sharing Space for my M1. Never had a problem until recently. Screen Sharing is working fine, and the Space still exists when I open Mission Control, but I can't drag the M1 Screen Share into that Space. I get a No icon (circle with diagonal line through it) when I try and drag it into that Space, and it does not accept it.

I tried deleting that Space but when I hover over it, I don't get an X to click to close it as I do for my two MBP Spaces.

How do I get the screen sharing Space closed to create a new one, or get that Space to accept the M1 Screen Share?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 7:53 AM

After installing the 11.5.2 update, the Screen Sharing Space disappeared and after several attempts, I have been able to reconnect to the MacMini M1 and share the screen.

Issue is resolved, for now.

Similar questions

1 reply

Screen Sharing 'Space' Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.