You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 Keyboard and Trackpad freeze/unresponsive after sleep, error NDR005 NDR006

I bought a new M1 MacBook Air 2 days ago. It worked fine for a day, but then the trackpad and keyboard froze randomly while watching YouTube on safari. I just hard-rebooted and that fixed the issue. I updated and the issue went away for a few hours.

A few hours ago, my trackpad froze during a meeting and now I have to hard reboot every time I put the mac to sleep.

please if someone can help me out. I can’t afford to get a new one.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 4:35 AM

I'm not an expert, but I happen to remember what your two error codes mean since I had the same issue on my M1 I bought in Feb. NDR005 and 006 mean the same thing; there is possibly an issue with the trackpad itself (could've been installed wrong, broken one, etc.). The best advice I can give you is to go to the nearest Apple Store, or if you don't have one, call the support number on the website, explain what's going on along with the codes you got and they will most likely have it fixed. I don't think this will charge you much, if at all, since M1 has the 90 day free trial of apple care on it. Best of luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2021 4:35 AM in response to mfaseehuddin

I'm not an expert, but I happen to remember what your two error codes mean since I had the same issue on my M1 I bought in Feb. NDR005 and 006 mean the same thing; there is possibly an issue with the trackpad itself (could've been installed wrong, broken one, etc.). The best advice I can give you is to go to the nearest Apple Store, or if you don't have one, call the support number on the website, explain what's going on along with the codes you got and they will most likely have it fixed. I don't think this will charge you much, if at all, since M1 has the 90 day free trial of apple care on it. Best of luck!

MacBook Air M1 Keyboard and Trackpad freeze/unresponsive after sleep, error NDR005 NDR006

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.