You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod with no password

I have an old Apple iPod MA002LL/A. It belonged to my late husband. He died in 2007. I know that the unit has a lot of pics and videos on it but I don't have his password. I just sold the iPod. Can anyone help me save and delete what's in it?

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 1:24 PM

Captain_Guy Said:

"iPod with no password: I have an old Apple iPod MA002LL/A. It belonged to my late husband. He died in 2007. I know that the unit has a lot of pics and videos on it but I don't have his password. I just sold the iPod. Can anyone help me save and delete what's in it?"

-------

Getting Access to these:

If you have access to the account, then check iCloud. For instance, go here for Photos: https://www.icloud.com/photos If not, and you need to gain access to it, go here: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Accounts - Apple Support. If Photos is still synced with iCloud, then they should just pop right up.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2021 1:24 PM in response to Captain_Guy

Captain_Guy Said:

"iPod with no password: I have an old Apple iPod MA002LL/A. It belonged to my late husband. He died in 2007. I know that the unit has a lot of pics and videos on it but I don't have his password. I just sold the iPod. Can anyone help me save and delete what's in it?"

-------

Getting Access to these:

If you have access to the account, then check iCloud. For instance, go here for Photos: https://www.icloud.com/photos If not, and you need to gain access to it, go here: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Accounts - Apple Support. If Photos is still synced with iCloud, then they should just pop right up.

Aug 27, 2021 1:01 PM in response to Captain_Guy

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community.

Recovering pictures copied to it might be more complicated. If full resolution images were included they should be visible in folders in the root of the drive. Otherwise there might only be thumbnail (iPod screen res) copies that you'd need help in extracting. See the recovery tools section of Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

iPod with no password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.