You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro horizontal flickering lines across the screen

I have horizontal flickering lines across the screen, much worse when the background is dark/black. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 3:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 9:19 AM

The horizontal flickering started after the last IOS update for me. I see where a number of people have indicated that the issue started showing up in late August - which is around the same time as me. Can this issue/fix be addressed by an IOS version update?

2 replies

Aug 28, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Rainman4000

Connect an external display and enable mirroring. If the issue only occurs on the built-in Display, then you have a hardware issue with the laptop's built-in Display which will require getting the laptop repaired.

If the issue occurs on both displays, then it can mean you have a software issue or a Logic Board issue. It would help to know the exact model of the laptop since some models are known to be prone to GPU failures. You can get the exact model by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About this Mac" or by entering your serial number on the following Apple page:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/

Macbook pro horizontal flickering lines across the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.