You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Dimming on my Apple Watch face

I just bought the Apple Watch SE and have noticed the face dims automatically in lower light. My series 3 had an option in the display and brightness tab to turn this off but this new one does not have that option. Is there any other way to turn this off? It’s very annoying and hard to see when it dims.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 7:07 AM

There's nothing to fix,that's how it works.

There's also this;

This is also how the place your palm to turn off the screen works.(If you place your palm flat directly over the screen it turns off the screen/mutes incoming calls)

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2021 7:07 AM in response to TexasBobbi

There's nothing to fix,that's how it works.

There's also this;

This is also how the place your palm to turn off the screen works.(If you place your palm flat directly over the screen it turns off the screen/mutes incoming calls)

Aug 29, 2021 1:29 AM in response to TexasBobbi

This was removed in WatchOS7;

This is the ambient light sensor kicking in,this adjusts your screen brightness to match the surrounding area,there is no setting or configuration for this.

Auto Dimming on my Apple Watch face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.