You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books language setup

Hi all,

my main system language is Italian.

Nevertheless, "Books" is in German.

The store fortunately offers books in the main language (in Italian, therefore) but all the features and options are in German.

I can't find a way to change the language.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 9:48 PM

Hi Tom,

thanks for your quick reply.

But it didn't really help me.

I had to search for a while longer to find an indication of Apple.

I do not know why Books does not rely on the system setup, like all other applications.

Here the way to change is quite well hidden and in my opinion not very intuitive:

«

Change the country or region setting

1. In the Books app  on your Mac, click Featured (below Book Store or Audiobook Store) in the sidebar.
  2. At the bottom-right corner, click the flag icon (or name), then select a country or region.

»

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2021 9:48 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom,

thanks for your quick reply.

But it didn't really help me.

I had to search for a while longer to find an indication of Apple.

I do not know why Books does not rely on the system setup, like all other applications.

Here the way to change is quite well hidden and in my opinion not very intuitive:

«

Change the country or region setting

1. In the Books app  on your Mac, click Featured (below Book Store or Audiobook Store) in the sidebar.
  2. At the bottom-right corner, click the flag icon (or name), then select a country or region.

»

Books language setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.