You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting hp Scanjet 4050 to Mac

how do you connect

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:25 AM

If this is the ScanJet G4050 model, then you can use the paid, 64-bit VueScan Professional which requires no HP drivers or Apple software support. You can trial the VueScan Professional software to see if it suits your needs.

I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010 to support what was then, an unsupported Canon scanner. Without paying any VueScan upgrade fee, the current VueScan allows me to continue using this scanner on my M1 mini running macOS 11.5.2. I receive no benefits from the VueScan vendor for mentioning their product here.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2021 10:25 AM in response to tomscan2

If this is the ScanJet G4050 model, then you can use the paid, 64-bit VueScan Professional which requires no HP drivers or Apple software support. You can trial the VueScan Professional software to see if it suits your needs.

I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010 to support what was then, an unsupported Canon scanner. Without paying any VueScan upgrade fee, the current VueScan allows me to continue using this scanner on my M1 mini running macOS 11.5.2. I receive no benefits from the VueScan vendor for mentioning their product here.

connecting hp Scanjet 4050 to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.