You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase sharing

My father recently bought an app on the App Store so me and my mom could have the app. But once I tried to download the app it said I still had to buy the app when my family has purchase sharing on. The app was available for my mom but on my phone I still have to pay. Is there something I can do?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 6:14 PM

Did your father "invite" you to the Apple Family Sharing plan?

Ref: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 9, 2021 7:14 AM in response to Parker2254

I have the same question. The help page they gave through the link above does not address the issue we have. I paid the $8 to remove ads in Happy Color on my iPad. The app shows Family Sharing is available. I want to be able to color ad-free on my daughter’s iPad. Similarly, I have Toca World on my iPad and have purchased several “worlds”. Now that my daughter has her own iPad, I’d like her to have access to the $40 worth of content on her device. It is also listed as eligible for Family Sharing.

If the answer is that in-app purchases are not included in Family Sharing then that defeats the purpose for a lot of families.

Purchase sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.