You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote gets mouse location wrong when zoomed in

I cannot use the mouse to select object or text reliably unless Keynote is at the 100% zoom level. When zoomed zoom mouse clicks are interpreted at the wrong location, making it impossible to drag to resize objects and difficult to select text.

Has anyone else seen this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 1:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 12:48 PM

After some more experimenting I realized the problem might originate from my KVM software. I have a Mac and a PC connected and to avoid having to switch between two sets of keyboard/mouse I have a kvm software called "ShareMouse". It's an excellent piece of software (mostly) but using it I can zoom using the mouse wheel in combination with holding Ctlr on my keyboard. If I instead use the Mac's trackpad and pinch-zoom, or pick one of the available standard zoom levels from the "View" menu the problem goes away.

I think we can close this issue as it's probably only happens for people like me, using a non-standard Mac setup.

Thanks anyway!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2021 12:48 PM in response to SnickZ.

After some more experimenting I realized the problem might originate from my KVM software. I have a Mac and a PC connected and to avoid having to switch between two sets of keyboard/mouse I have a kvm software called "ShareMouse". It's an excellent piece of software (mostly) but using it I can zoom using the mouse wheel in combination with holding Ctlr on my keyboard. If I instead use the Mac's trackpad and pinch-zoom, or pick one of the available standard zoom levels from the "View" menu the problem goes away.

I think we can close this issue as it's probably only happens for people like me, using a non-standard Mac setup.

Thanks anyway!

Sep 3, 2021 6:32 AM in response to Jonas@Tetrapak

Hello Jonas,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that behavior with your mouse in Keynote.

Do you experience a similar behavior when zoomed out below 100%, such as 75% or 50%?

Is Keynote all up-to-date on your Mac? Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

Is this occurring with your trackpad, an external mouse, or both?

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate and address this behavior.

Take care.

Keynote gets mouse location wrong when zoomed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.