You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods stop playing after sudden moves

Airpods are disconnecting/stopping when making sudden movements. Happens when connected both iPad or iPhone. Similar to issue to this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252058129 . It has become a bit more frequent now. Double tapping to play again doesn't work. Usually I have to take them out wait a few seconds and then put them back in and they seem to reconnect, but not always. If that doesn't work I put take them out, put them back in the case, wait a few seconds and then take them out again and they'll pair.

Please let me know if there was a remedy for the person in the other thread or another workaround for me to try. I have the second gen AirPods, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 12 Pro.

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 4:48 PM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2021 12:08 PM in response to Emp1ire

Hi there Emp1ire,

It sounds like your AirPods are disconnecting from your iPhone unexpectedly. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities and we can provide some guidance.

"Your headphones communicate using Bluetooth, and a Bluetooth signal can be interfered with or weakened in some situations." Have a look at the support article below to check for potential sources of interference:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Afterwards, follow the remaining steps in the support article below to further test your Bluetooth connection and unpair your AirPods and pair them again. 

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sep 3, 2021 5:15 PM in response to Sparks0829

Thank you. However, I don't think it's an interference issue. The sound never skips, stutters, or is distorted, but rather just cuts out completely. When looking at the connection, my Bluetooth tells me it still connected though. It appears to be more of an issue with the accelerometer or something like that. It really is just due to sudden movements with my head when their in-ear. If I turn my head or get up too quickly they'll cut out and the video/music will stop. This happens when I'm actively using the device so its within 1-3 feet of the airpods and nothing should be interfering.

Thanks.

AirPods stop playing after sudden moves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.