You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to safely back up voice memos from iPhone 7 Plus to Mackbook Pro 2019

Hi, I have several hours of stories a young friend dictated on Voice Memos on my iPhone 7 Plus that I don’t dare lose! I would like to back the whole thing up on my MacBook Pro 2019. I remember reading that backing it up on iTunes might not be secure if I then delete it from my phone. It’s also in my Ipad, which is synced with my phone.

I wanted to just back up my iPhone, and the voice memos with it, onto my MacBook without using iTunes, but when I looked for the phone under the Finder menu, it didn’t show up. Only iTunes showed up, and the only option I had was whether to encrypt or not.

Does anyone know if there is a way to back up all the voice memos at one without using iTunes, with or without the rest of the content in the phone? Obviously I know very little about any of this, and I’d appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 5:41 PM

Hi Elaine,

You can easily just airdrop the audio onto your laptop. I believe this is the easiest way to do it because audio files are not too big.

Share a recording in Voice Memos on iPhone - Apple Support (Here is the offical Apple Support Guide)

Good Luck,

Anson

Similar questions

2 replies

How to safely back up voice memos from iPhone 7 Plus to Mackbook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.