You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi services not available

I've just upgraded my OS to 11.5.2 on mac pro and Logic 10.6.3

When I open Logic I receive this message 'Midi services not available'

I have tried connecting with my Novation Impulse and Roland a-49 and get the same message

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for the Roland but still no luck

Any ideas as to what is happening,

thanks

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 1:46 PM

1. Try this, quit Logic and all open applications, unplug any and all MIDI devices. Restart the computer, let it settle, plug in a single keyboard while Utilities/Audio-MIDI setup is open. Occasionally upgrading an OS while devices are plugged in causes corruption/partial install.
  2. Incompatible MIDI driver installed.
  3. It looks like Big Sur may have changed USB power levels, try a different USB port.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2021 1:46 PM in response to gabrichela

1. Try this, quit Logic and all open applications, unplug any and all MIDI devices. Restart the computer, let it settle, plug in a single keyboard while Utilities/Audio-MIDI setup is open. Occasionally upgrading an OS while devices are plugged in causes corruption/partial install.
  2. Incompatible MIDI driver installed.
  3. It looks like Big Sur may have changed USB power levels, try a different USB port.

Midi services not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.