You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Upload Files to Websites or Emails. Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari 14.1.3

I cannot attach anything to an email or on a website. I have searched everywhere for the solution and all I find is the similar issues people had with Safari 14.0, with the solution being to upgrade to 14.1. Well, I am using 14.1.3 and it is not working. My Mac indicates all software is up to date. The ball spins forever.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 12:39 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 5, 2021 10:45 AM in response to heatherg11

Hello Heatherb11,

It sounds like you are unable to upload files using Safari. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

First, let's test in a new user account using this article: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are running into the same issue, test in safe mode next. Start up your Mac in safe mode

If you are still having issues, can you provide a few more details? Which macOS version are you currently using? When did you first notice this? Also, are you able to add attachments to email using the mail app?

Cheers!

Sep 12, 2021 7:47 AM in response to heatherg11

Heatherg11,

Thank you for clarifying. We were referring to a new user account. If you follow this link: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac it will walk you through the steps.

Creating this account and testing, will allow us to determine if this is a systemwide issue or a user specific issue in your main account. You will not need to create a new Appel ID, or email account for this step. You can test with your current Apple ID and email account.

MacOS is designed to run smoothly without the need for 3rd party apps of this nature.

We would recommend removing it and testing to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Sep 5, 2021 7:57 PM in response to karina184

I am not a new user. I have used Macs for 30 years, this particular Mac for three.

If you read the question I asked, I did state the nature of the issue -- cannot upload files to emails or websites. And I did indicate the versions of software that I am using: Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari 14.1.3.

I am too busy to have a specific time period that I noticed this and whether it was after a software update or after I got a new hard drive a couple months ago. I work on a few different computers so cannot track that closely.

Anyone else out there have any ideas?

Sep 11, 2021 7:44 AM in response to judysings

Apple's mail platform, version 13.4.

Random websites that ask me to upload files, such as upload a PDF of an insurance claim, or a Word document to send to my work account. Cannot attach anything.

I don't quite understand the suggestion to create a new user account. A whole new Apple ID? New email profile? Why would that solve the issue if, for example, I am on a bank website and trying to upload a PDF? Nothing to do with Apple account, I think.

Will check out safe mode but I do have CleanMyMac software. If there is a problem with this app, please advise. Otherwise, it sounds like I am a bit stuck.

Cannot Upload Files to Websites or Emails. Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari 14.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.