You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted photos

I recently fully deleted all the photos on my ipad because there was no storage on it, and found out they also deleted from my iphone. I pay for extra icloud storage so i hoped they would backup but i cant find them anywhere, the last 2 years of photos i have are now completely gone as of the moment if anyone could help id be so greatful

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 5:26 PM

If you permanently deleted the photos, they are gone. iCloud syncs your photos across devices, it does not back them up. If you have backups of your device made to your computer, you can restore your device and your photos (up to the time of the backup). If you did not permanently delete the photos, you can find them in your recently deleted photo album.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2021 5:26 PM in response to Goldfishluvr509

If you permanently deleted the photos, they are gone. iCloud syncs your photos across devices, it does not back them up. If you have backups of your device made to your computer, you can restore your device and your photos (up to the time of the backup). If you did not permanently delete the photos, you can find them in your recently deleted photo album.

Deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.