You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If XBox Series X Controller needs a firmware update will it still work with Apple Arcade & Apple TV?

If the Xbox Series X Controller needs a firmware update but I can’t do it as I don’t own an Xbox Series X Console - will it still pair/work with Apple Arcade on Apple TV ?

If I buy this Xbox controller - will it be compatible with TVOS - out of the box - or will it need any firmware updates. See link:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8399139?clickSR=slp:term:xbox%20controller:2:53:1

Is it likely to pair/work if there are future Firmware updates I can’t access.

Please could you advise me?

Regards Dean

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 10:19 AM

Controller firmware updates may add support for features that are not applicable to use with Apple TV, like connected headsets.

The Controller without firmware updates should continue to work as it did initially.

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller - Microsoft Support

1 reply

If XBox Series X Controller needs a firmware update will it still work with Apple Arcade & Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.