You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a spinning globe with timer but the timer is not moving.

I cant switch on the mac. I tried Command option R but still not successful. When i try shift command option R, There is a spinning globe with timer but the timer is not moving.

What van i do?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 1:29 AM

When booting in Internet Recovery Mode ( command + option + r ) or Recovery Mode ( command + r ) - look very carefully for a Wifi Icon. Click on it to open a dialogue box where you Must Manually input the Password for you Router.

3 replies

Sep 17, 2021 10:36 AM in response to PRP_53

And if you have already successfully connected to the wifi and the globe is spinning, the progress bar has different sections alternating sporadically between white, gray, and black, and there is a timer below the progress bar that changes forward and backward in no set pattern, then what? And what exactly is the timer an indication of? Time that has progressed? Time left until completion?

There is a spinning globe with timer but the timer is not moving.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.