You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade In Old Imac

II recently bought a new 27" MAC & I would like to trade in my pretty old 27" MAC (model A7312) for a refund / rebate.

Is that possible?

Can I put the old MAC in the new MAC's shipping carton & carry it to an Apple store?

Will they take it, refund or not?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 5:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 6:51 AM

You can find all the info you need here. Including checking the estimated price and shipping instructions.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

Hope you find this helpful!

4 replies

Sep 7, 2021 7:38 AM in response to ClipClop79

FWIW, I believe you need to arrange for this before the purchase of a new Mac. However, it wouldn't hurt to see what Apple says. If that doesn't pan out try contacting Gazelle, OWC or one of the similar sites that purchase used computers. I got a decent price for my 2010 i-Mac from Gazelle about 2 years ago, significantly better than what Apple was offering as a trade-in of a 9 year old computer.

Trade In Old Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.