You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode does not sync with child's device!

I have 3 children devices under my family sharing and each has a unique screen time passcode. Child 3 managed to change the passcode on my phone and managed to use his iPad passed the allocated time. I then change the passcode on my iPhone but it keeps reverting back to the passcode he set! I am not sure if it did not sync or that he has managed to block my passcode changes??

HELP!!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 8:11 AM

Hey MayMalaysia,

It sounds like you're having an issue changing the Screen Time passcode for a child's device. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

We'd recommend following the steps in this article to change the passcode: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode 

"How to reset the Screen Time passcode for your child's device

If you’re using Family Sharing to manage a child’s account, passcode reset options won’t be available on their device. Use the following steps on the family organizer's device to reset the Screen Time passcode for your child.

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that the family organizer's device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later
  2. On the family organizer's device, go to Settings > Screen Time.
  3. Scroll down and choose a child’s name under Family. 
  4. Tap Change Screen Time Passcode, then tap Change Screen Time Passcode again. You might be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.
  5. Enter a new Screen Time passcode, then enter it again to confirm.

On a Mac

1. Make sure that your Mac is updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later
  2. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Screen Time.
  3. Select a child's name from the drop-down menu in the left sidebar. 
  4. Click  Options in the lower-left corner. 
  5. Click Change Passcode, then click Forgot Passcode. 
  6. Enter the Apple ID and password* that you used to set up the Screen Time passcode.
  7. Enter a new Screen Time passcode, then enter it again to confirm. 

If you have Share Across Devices turned on, your new Screen Time passcode will automatically update on those devices after you reset it. 

If you still have issues resetting your Screen Time passcode, contact Apple Support.

*Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID or password. "

Thanks!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2021 8:11 AM in response to MayMalaysia

Hey MayMalaysia,

It sounds like you're having an issue changing the Screen Time passcode for a child's device. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

We'd recommend following the steps in this article to change the passcode: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode 

"How to reset the Screen Time passcode for your child's device

If you’re using Family Sharing to manage a child’s account, passcode reset options won’t be available on their device. Use the following steps on the family organizer's device to reset the Screen Time passcode for your child.

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Make sure that the family organizer's device is updated to iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later
  2. On the family organizer's device, go to Settings > Screen Time.
  3. Scroll down and choose a child’s name under Family. 
  4. Tap Change Screen Time Passcode, then tap Change Screen Time Passcode again. You might be asked to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.
  5. Enter a new Screen Time passcode, then enter it again to confirm.

On a Mac

1. Make sure that your Mac is updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later
  2. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Screen Time.
  3. Select a child's name from the drop-down menu in the left sidebar. 
  4. Click  Options in the lower-left corner. 
  5. Click Change Passcode, then click Forgot Passcode. 
  6. Enter the Apple ID and password* that you used to set up the Screen Time passcode.
  7. Enter a new Screen Time passcode, then enter it again to confirm. 

If you have Share Across Devices turned on, your new Screen Time passcode will automatically update on those devices after you reset it. 

If you still have issues resetting your Screen Time passcode, contact Apple Support.

*Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID or password. "

Thanks!

Screen time passcode does not sync with child's device!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.