You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook M1 Ethernet is not working.

I tried connecting Ethernet via LAN Adapter. The LAN is detected and working on the adapter, but MACBOOK AIR M1 is not detecting anything in its network. Kindly help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 10:31 AM

Are lights on the adapter blinking but you get no internet connection? Is that what you mean?

Are other devices connected to your LAN working properly? Are you using a new undamaged cable? What adapter are you using? The greater the detail, the greater the likelihood of an accurate response.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2021 10:31 AM in response to ParasMakhija

Are lights on the adapter blinking but you get no internet connection? Is that what you mean?

Are other devices connected to your LAN working properly? Are you using a new undamaged cable? What adapter are you using? The greater the detail, the greater the likelihood of an accurate response.

Sep 7, 2021 11:09 AM in response to ParasMakhija

Your LAN (Local Are Network) carries your WiFi signal, they work hand in glove. What exactly do you mean by "Lan is also connected to the WiFi ...", that's implicit in proper setup. Please give details on your cable with lights and your adapter: maker, approximate age, history of usage. I think you're using non standard terms to describe your setup.

You get a signal from your ISP, that signal is then MOdulated/DEModulated by a modem and then distributed by a router if you have one. If your Ethernet cable connection is not compatible with your Mac port, you have to have an adapter to connect. Say an Ethernet to USB-C adapter. It's unclear where your problem is to me maybe clearer to others.

Macbook M1 Ethernet is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.